Remember that despite all we live in great times. Most of us enjoy levels of wealth an possession that our ancestors were not able to dream of! We have access to means of leisure and information that are fantastic compared to what was there 50 or even 20 years ago – let alone the thousands of years before. You can easily live a better, healthier, and more independent life today than a king did in the old ages.But why is it then that so many today are still stressed and unhappy and feel out of control of their lives?
Some reasons are:
- We let others take too much control of our lives and do too much to please the wrong people
- We dare too little and are much more anxious than necessary
- We compare too much to others and spend too much money unnecessarily
- We concentrate too much on being confirm and act by standards set from outside
- We work too much and live too little
If you are one of the many people who somehow feel similar, it is time to start on the adventure of living your life today:
- Put away anxiety; Take control of YOUR life, make yourself free from what others think
- Find out what YOU want and live your life that way instead of living it the way OTHERS want you to live
- Think about what is important for YOU and how much money you really need for this
- Learn how to save lots of your money and to spend the rest more efficiently
- Learn to enjoy the free things in life and to improve (downwards!) on your working hours and expenditures while improving upwards on your leisure time
I just belief it makes sense to spend some time in life thinking about the most important thing:
And I think we all can learn from others how to improve our happiness, because we all have different strenghts and weaknesses when it comes to this topic.
This is was this blog is for:
An exchange of ideas on independent living and happiness.
Comments and Guest posts are highly welcome, just let me know if you’d like to add a post!
See you at post #3 to set course and leave the harbour.